This exciting zoom lens provides ultra wide-angle coverage. Equivalent to a 16-35mm zoom, it offers excellent performance and optics designed from the ground-up for digital SLR use. Three Aspherical lens elements, plus a Super-UD element, assure image quality. Its ring-type USM means fast and silent AF along with full-time manual focus. It focuses as close as 9.5 inches. Compatible with EOS 7D Mark II, 7D, 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 60Da, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 20Da, Rebel T6s, T7i, T6i, T5i, T4i, T3i, T2i, T1i, SL2, SL1, T7, T6, T5, T3, SXi, SX and all versions of EOS Digital Rebel only.
- Excellent optical quality and true wide-angle coverage with select digital SLRs
- Superior AF performance and speed, with full-time manual focus by simply turning ring
- Close-focusing to 9.5 inches -- fill the frame with subjects as small as 3.6 x 5.4 inches
- Relatively compact size and light weight for an ultra-wide zoom lens
- Inner focusing system (no front element rotation); length doesn't change if zoomed
- Circular aperture design -- natural highlights, even stopped down two stops
- Electronic diaphragm -- manually-set apertures stay constant from f/4.5 thru f/22
- EF-S lens mount -- exclusively for EOS 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D and Digital Rebel bodies
|Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
||10 - 22mm; 1:3.5-4.5
||13 elements in 10 groups
|Diagonal Angle of View
||107° 30' - 63° 30'
||Inner focusing system, with focusing cam
|Closest Focusing Distance
||0.24m / 0.79 ft.
|Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
||3.3" x 3.5", 13.6 oz. / 83.5 x 89.8mm, 385g
Energy Star Rated: